Monday, January 16, 2012

Anyone fighting breast cancer been thru treatment and prepparing for hormone therapy

Anyone fighting breast cancer been thru treatment and prepparing for hormone therapy?
I have read articles on hormone threrapy and find myself being very nieve about this treatment. My doctors have left me with so many open questions I am not sure what to do. So my real question is " what do you feel about hormone therapy or is there a natural remedy to equal the hormone drug therapy.
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
what?
2 :
awww..i am so sorry you are going through that! my mom had breast cancer..im not sure if she went through hormone therapy or not but i know the whole ordeal was really hard on her! good luck and keep your head up! sorry i know that didnt answer your question =/
3 :
there is no 'natural' remedy for cancer... hormone therapy WORKS...my mother-in-law had it about 10 yrs ago. She had a lumpectomy, chemo and hormone therapy. (her brown eyes turned blue, but went back to brown, after the hormones were stopped) she's been cancer free for over 10 yrs now. www.webmd.com read all you can on the subject.
4 :
Hi, I'm sorry that you are going through this as I know personally how difficult it can be. I am approaching my 4th year of Tamoxifen therapy and am very grateful to have this option for treatment (I am 4 years in remission so it appears that the Tamoxifen is working for me!) The side effects are pretty tolerable and it's in a daily pill form which is easy to manage. Depending on your age, you may be considering Arimidex which I have also heard positive things about. I know how hard it is to make these kind of decisions and my heart goes out to you. I personally make my choices based on what I can live with long term. For example, will hormone therapy give you peace of mind long term or will the potential side effects be a bigger issue for you? Your Dr. likely explained to you the positive results of hormone therapy in reducing a recurrence. That is a very important factor to consider when making your decision. There are many women who do not have hormone sensitive cancer and so the opportunity to use this therapy should not be taken lightly. I know a lot of women who have had breast cancer in all different stages and my best advice to you is to do everything you can to protect your health and your life. It is a precious gift. Good luck and god bless!!



Read more discussions :