Sunday, January 4, 2009

where can a patient obtain a free wig following cancer treatment

where can a patient obtain a free wig following cancer treatment?
I know a nice lady whose medical treatment has left her feeling less than pretty. Does anyone know of an organization in the state of PA.(Philadelphia) that provides this service?
Cancer - 3 Answers


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The American Cancer Society gets donations of wigs all the time. If I were you, contact them. There will be a lot of choices.
2 :
yup, the cancer society. that's where my mom get her wig. it looks JUST like her natural hair, it's amazing! just call or email. http://www.cancer.org/asp/contactUs/cus_global.asp?navToScreen=cus_0&sitearea=MBC&sourceid=&to=&cancel=&url=/docroot/SHR/content/SHR_2.1_x_tlc_tender_loving_care.asp
3 :
Locks of Love may be able to steer you in a good direction. I know that insurance does cover the wig if the doctor gives a prescription for it. She can check her insurance to see if they will do this. I know because I have just completed chemo and have purchased a wig. Good luck to her, and tell her she is not alone.



Read more discussions :