Monday, December 1, 2008

How do i raise money for my moms BREAST CANCER TREATMENT?? HELP

How do i raise money for my moms BREAST CANCER TREATMENT?? HELP?
On Friday afternoon i got a call from my sister and tld me my moms breast cancer screening came out positive. First i started to cry and then i began to worry about my parents finances my dad hasn't worked for years due to being disabled at his former job and they have no medical insurance. I have decided to try to raise some money for her treatment, i just need some ideas and be pointed in the right direction.
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
For starters, I would check with the hospital she will getting treatment--sometimes they can help people who are unable to pay full price. If your parents are low income, they may qualify for medicaid or some other govt program, particularly since your father is disabled. You can call the Am Cancer Society 24/7 (1-800-227-2345) for list of national & local resources. Some drug companies can help with meds, some organizations can help with other costs. Sometimes there are transportation help, either through ACS or other organizations. It can take some searching, but help can be found. As to fundraisers, if your parents are well known in their community, or are regulars at certain restaurants or businesses, and your parents are ok with it, you might ask them to hold a fundraiser dinner or something, with the tips or a percentage of profits going to your mom's treatment. Good luck & my best wishes to your mom!!!
2 :
Contact the American Cancer Society. Good Luck.
3 :
Frist, relax. It's tough finding out about cancer but I'm sure even tougher with no insurance. Try checking out the Susan G. Koman site. There is plenty of information on there. Also if you are able to have a benefit you can raise a lot of money. Reach out to local places (bars, resturants, etc.) and also companies who could donate items to raffle at the benefit. I've been to a few benifits and you would be surprised how generous people are. Good luck with everything.




Read more discussions :