Friday, January 20, 2012

My cancer treatment at Kaiser is getting very confusing

My cancer treatment at Kaiser is getting very confusing.?
I had my tumor removed and now they say that there are some cancer cells left. Now I have 2 or 3 new doctors involved and they say conflicting things. One says to take my chemo pill now and the other says to take it WITH radiation which doesn't start for another week. I don't know what to do. I am very frustrated. anyone else experience this? also, how did you resolve it?
Cancer - 2 Answers
 


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm sure you have a radiation oncologist and an oncologist. Call your md's and demand that they call each other and get this situation straightened out. If you have a GP (general practitioner) go to him and ask him to please get it straight. This is too important and you have a right to get an informed decision Where was the tumor and what chemo pill will you be taking?
2 :
Ask the oncology radiologist and go by what they say - don't listen to any other docs - the radiologist knows what to do with any nuclear medicine. Call her office and ask her (or him) not your regular doctor or your surgeon. Do it today - I can't immagine they would send you home with it unless they want you to take it soon. Stupid Kaiser - thinking they are helping people..... they just confuse everyone!



Read more discussions :