Tuesday, July 28, 2009

stage 4 lung cancer treatment when someone had a heart attack

stage 4 lung cancer treatment when someone had a heart attack?
My uncle has been told that there is no possible treatment, because of the fact he has had a heartattack two years ago. I have not spoken to the doctor cause I am on the west coast he is on the east. Yet, I have a feeling this might be a conservative opinion. Yet, could some one with a medical background or better skills at researching than me please confirm this information. I realize that Stage 4 is quite terminal, yet I know that he is a fighter so if anyone knows of anything radical or anything, it would really be useful information.
Cancer - 5 Answers
 


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I really doubt anything can be done, but one must look at quality of life vs. Quanity of life. Stage 4 is terminal and the blood goes all over the body, i suspect that he has cancer in other places probably his entire body.
2 :
One thing that I have learned was what my mother went through (lung cancer), she endured radiation/chemo therapy and really sick most of the time during her 3 months fight for life, IS I WOULD CHOOSE to live, have fun, travel, whatever would make me happy and leaving lasting memories behind to those who remember. I'd choose no treatment. Sorry about your uncle, my heart goes out to you and your family.
3 :
Stage 4 isn't terminal , i had it and i came back . There is always treatment there just needs to be discussions with the doctors , but you cant force him to go through treatment. He can do chemotherapy , radiation or even surgery to remove the tumor
4 :
READ: The Allopathic Cancer Conspiracy at: http://whale.to/a/cancer_c.html Then think about trying this: New studies on the benefits of onion juice for eliminating cancer have just been concluded by researchers at Cornell University, confirming what we have been saying all along - onion juice will cure your cancer. What they are still not understanding is how the onions should be administered to effectuate the greatest benefits in eliminating your cancer. Find out the proper procedures for onion juice treatment at http://www.brokenearth.org/cancer
5 :
I have seen patients who have a history of heart attacks and receive radiation. I have also seen lung cancer cases where the patient was not a candidate for radiation as the area to be treated was inline with the heart. I donĂ¢€™t think you are getting the correct information. Call his radiation oncologist if you can not speak to him or her right then, give a 2-3 hour window when it is best to reach you and make sure they know you are on the west coast. This type of doctor has a different type of practice that the doctors you are probably used to seeing. They have more time between patients than most doctors as their job requires them to do a lot of dictation and review a lot of scans and x-rays making it easier to return calls. I hope this helps. Good luck to you and your family.




Read more discussions :