Thursday, July 16, 2009

Which the best place for Cancer Treatment

Which the best place for Cancer Treatment?
One of my close relative is diagnosed with cancer in India. We are looking for different places for treatment (Singapore, UK or US). I live in US. Can anyone suggest best center for cancer treatment in US? If possible give details abt the Center(Website, Percentage of Success in the center, contact details)
Cancer - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hi, I think that USA is the best center for cancer treatment , in special Houston, in Mexico exist various case with exit on cancer treatment at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston Texas)
2 :
depends where you live and what type of cancer.try the following site www.cancer.org/
3 :
I don't know of all them, but US is probably the most advanced in cancer research and treatments. There's a center is cali, I've heard. Cedars-Sinai, where ever that is. In NC, there's unc chapel hill, duke medical center, and wakeforest.
4 :
UCSF in San Franscisco California, is an excellent hospital! My daughter has leukemia and we love it there! www.ucsfhealth.org good luck!
5 :
there are some great centers in USA. It depends on type of cancer. look at who is doing the latest research on the particular cancer. Some of the top that I have researched (and used) Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Mass Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, Calif. cancer linksusa list top 10 and top by state.
6 :
What type of cancer does your relative has? MD Anderson in Texas, Fred Hutchinson in Seattle, Stanford's med school hospital, the Cleveland Clinic and Dana Farber in Boston are excellent centers for treating leukemia and blood cancers. They are also excellent centers all-around, but I have no personal experience with other types of cancers. From what I've heard, Duke, MD Anderson, and Vanderbilt have excellent success with breast cancer clinical trials, but I can't vouch for them, since nobody I know personally has been there. There is a good lymphoma center is Florida, but I can't remember the name. The ACS website has a comprehensive list of centers. My sister got her bone marrow transplant at the Cleveland Clinic and we had excellent experience, but I don't know their success rates for other forms of cancer. They do admit international patients, and they usually speed up the visa procedure if it's for medical reasons.




Read more discussions :