Thursday, May 20, 2010

I need info on paying for breast cancer treatment

I need info on paying for breast cancer treatment?
My aunt was recently diagnosed with breast cancer she is 62 yrs old. My aunt and uncle retired last year (my uncle is 64) and don't have health insurance, and don't know how they are going to pay for the chemo and radiation treatments. I'm doing research trying to find a way to help them out. So any info you can give me will help me. Thank You
Cancer - 9 Answers
 


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Apply for Medicaid. Even if they wouldn't usually qualify, they have a program for patients who need therapies that pay for treatment that exceeds their income. They sound like they may qualify for Medicare, which is for retired folk.
2 :
any hospital that accepts government money ( not private) has to see her and treat her there are many cancer centers that have programs for people with no insurance . they can not turn you away because you have no insurance
3 :
contact st. judes hospital on their web site. they will give u info that u need. good luck & GOD BLESS U.
4 :
Apply for AARP.I have it even though I am only 39 b/c of health problems.Try for medicaid.Also have her apply for disability,I know it takes a while b/c I am disabled myself.But while she is fighting this cancer,her lawyer can fight for her disability.Get a lawyer that gets paid only if you win.Try Cancer Centers of America,they have a financial plan and goes by your income,I think.They are the best cancer centers. God bless
5 :
There is a much cheaper and better way to fight cancer. Read the cancer testimonials on my blog roll and web blog. Save her life and thousands of dollars :)
6 :
Talk to the financial dept. at the hospital they are going to use to do the treatments at. A lot of hospitals have a cushion built in for cases like your aunt's. I know. I had to go thru chemo a few months ago for ovarian cancer, and the hospital I chose wrote every treatment off 100% because we had no insurance or money to pay for it. Chemo is very expensive. They will need to provide financial information, but they should qualify. The last thing they need to be worried about now is how they're going to pay for it. Your aunt's health is more important than any amount of money in the world. God speed to them!
7 :
Go to a major university hospital. They should have a free clinic with a social worker who will help your aunt apply for medicare/medicaid/social security disability and she will get the treatment she needs in a timely manner. Hospitals are ALL federally subsidized and they get tax money to treat indigent patients.
8 :
Visit my website check out the testimonials www. zeolitesfordetox.com/ davidlawrence email for more info I would love to know if I have helped davrlaw@yahoo.com
9 :
another option would be to contact Susan G Komen Org. nearest your home, or the American cancer Society for advice. You can always try to contact the drug manufactures also. Good luck and don't give up!



 Read more discussions :