Monday, October 8, 2012

treatment for her2 breast cancer with small tumors

treatment for her2 breast cancer with small tumors?
I need to find out if any woman with her2 breast cancer with tiny tumors under .2 centimeters had treatment.
Cancer - -56 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
My sister recently had an under 2cm lump removed and lymph nodes and she starts her chemo on monday which lasts for about 6 months and then gets radiotherapy. All of this makes sure there is not cancer cells floating around the body
2 :
The size of the tumor doesn't matter. If it's small, it can still be a very aggressive, fast spreading tumor. This was mine. I had a total of 10 tumors but only one was so damn nasty, I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and 13 lymph nodes removed. Yes, if the doctor feels she needs chemo, she should not argue. My tumor was small but like a bull in a china shop. In one weeks time, I had the mammogram followed by a biopsy and 2 days after the biopsy my surgeon put me in the hospital. So now you know, it doesn't matter how small the tumor is. It can kill if not removed. Good luck and I hope your sister does well. Tell her not to wait. please.
3 :
Usually if the tumor is not big, then doctor would suggest surgery plus adjuvant chemo. But you must remember, that esp. chemo may weakened your body immune system. Take care of your DIET is most important and also eat herbs like rodent tuber plant juice or multivitamins to boost your body immune system.



Read more discussions :