Thursday, November 4, 2010

do people of higher social status get better treatment for depression when undergoing cancer treatment

do people of higher social status get better treatment for depression when undergoing cancer treatment?
what i really need are some articles or sources.. not just someone's opinion.
Cancer - 2 Answers
 


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hello: I'm not a doctor but when they start out I'm a doctor take a certain medication be worried about there advice. I am a cancer survivor. I use the VA which is the veterans administration for my medical care. I have seen the difference between the VA and Private Insurance. Through the VA I was asked if I would like to go to a support group or to see a psychologist for depression. The private insurance I was not even offered any kinda counseling at all. I have found on my own that when you are busy helping others you don't have time to get depressed and when you help others you forget about your own problems a lot . And Laugh every day as laughter is the best medicine to fight depression. Your endorphins are raised by laughter. Good luck in finding articles on social status and medical treatment. Most government offices don't want any one to know that if your insurance does not pay for counseling that you can get it from free group access's and support groups. They even have them for family members of cancer patients.
2 :
Not at all. I think it depends on the doctor's level of caring and insight into your whole well-being.



 Read more discussions :