Saturday, July 12, 2008

does anyone know about prostate cancer treatment in Canada

does anyone know about prostate cancer treatment in Canada?
My soon-to-be father-in-law has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and was told that they have new technology for treatment in Canada, where they use laproscopy (i think this is what he is describing). Does anyone know anything about this? Why is it not done here in the states? What is the recovery process and how sucessful is it really?
Cancer - 1 Answers
 

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I live in Canada and my dad had prostate cancer about 11 years ago. They caught it early enough and he went with radiation treatment. I believe laparoscopic surgery involves removing the prostate which some men choose. My dad had radiation treatment, where the prostate isn't actually removed but the cancer is hit with radiation. You might want to keep checking because I believe laparoscopic treatment is widely available in the US too. Things turned out fine for my dad fortunately and I hope your father in law's prognosis is positive too.



 Read more discussions :