Saturday, June 28, 2008

can anyone tell me how hard or expensive it is to receive cancer treatment in India

can anyone tell me how hard or expensive it is to receive cancer treatment in India?
I am an American with no insurance and self employed. I make a decent living but am not able to cover costs of the care i need as i have leukemia. I have been considering finding a country to move to that might be affordable and progressive in cancer research. India seems the place that would be appropriate as far as cancer treatment. However i can not find anyone who can or is willing to help me find out what kind of money you need to receive this in India.
Cancer - 4 Answers
 

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't know, are there any doctors left in India. I think they all came to New Jersey!
2 :
How affordable is treatment in India going to be for you if you have to work in their economy and draw the normal wages for an Indian doing your kind of work? Remember, what seems inexpensive to us in this country can take just as big a percentage of a worker in another country's pay. I was once (many times actually) in another country and remarked to my dinner companion that the wonderful lobster feast we had just dined on was ridiculously cheap at $45 for two. She informed me that the $45 was a weeks pay for her, a college instructor!
3 :
There is nothing appropriate about the healthcare in India. There is no standard of care. Physician̢۪s education varies greatly from one area to another. AIDS & HIV is epidemic. They have one third of the world̢۪s tuberculosis cases. They have inadequate sanitation and water supply. Polio has not even been eradicated there for goodness sake. Will the amount of money you save really matter if you end up paying with your life?
4 :
About money you do not worry,money is just a thing for transection,you think about studying about cancer ,health ,helping people,God -You can start a group of people to help cancer patients .Then you will not have a problem for your treatment.Your group can start honey business ,it needs no investment -I am in India,I read in newspapers that people of other countries come to india to have medicine at lesser rate than of their country.I think I can welcome you to my country -You told progressive in cancer research,I Know that there are hospitals belonging to K M C group at Manipal & Mangalore ,they are very progressive,I think world famous,you can search in internet about them.They are considered to be highly intellligent here.I have noted that ,I am not a christian,I am HINDU,some doctors are ,as said by JESUS CHRIST & shown by him while carrying calvary cross,meek & lowly as one of the lecturers there carried my heavy big bag to help me while I was near his college,just like Jesus carryied heavy cross -You know that you can write E mail messages to me through this section by clicking the word e mail which is visible if you click my name here to open my profile




Read more discussions :