Thursday, July 28, 2011

Is there anyone else here going through treatment for breast cancer

Is there anyone else here going through treatment for breast cancer?
I am going through treatment for inflammatory breast cancer since 2004. I'm doing well, have had a few set backs, but all in all, it's good. I have gone through 2 separate times of radiation, 3 separate times of chemo and a bilateral mastectomy. Let me know how you are doing and what you have been going through.
Women's Health - 3 Answers
 


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I have not personally, buy my mother in law is. She first had breast cancer 15 years ago and had a mastectomy. It recently came back and metastesized into her blood and bones. She went through 6 months of chemo and steroids and a lot of pain. Right now there's no sign of it, (she's in remission again) but of course with cancer you never know. We're just happy to have her around Let me just say God bless you! Breast cancer is something horrible to go through. Not only for the patient but the family too. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. But I know you'll make it through. Stay positive.
2 :
Hello, I went thru a double mastectomy last year in March. Fortunately for me, they caught the cancer very early. I had a lumpectomy in my left breast in January, was scheduled for radiation when they found more cancer and that is why I asked for the mastectomy, that is when my doctors said they wouldn't unless I did both because of so many things going in my breast so I said okay! I have never been sorry for that decision. Because they caught it so early I did not have to do the radiation or chemo. To which I was very thankful I had my annual mammogram that is when they found the cancer, it had not formed a lump yet. I have never regretted my decision, but you do think about it sometimes, so just by reading the different cancer sites I realize how blessed I have been. I had 2 surgeries and healed quickly with no problems in fact to the amazement of my doctors. My thoughts go out to you, and my prayers, because this is a tough disease. Do you have lots of support all around you?
3 :
Please read the details on the page below. I am sure you will find some information useful to you.



 Read more discussions :