Friday, April 1, 2011

Did the President's 80+ year old grandmother receive cancer treatment

Did the President's 80+ year old grandmother receive cancer treatment ?
Was end of life care suggested to her in lieu of treatment? _____ Thanks for the kind corrections in my previous post. Now I am hoping for an answer.
Politics - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
As you get older you will be more aware of the fact you are getting near the end of your life. Your grandparents face / faced this. Have you discussed it with them? (NO!) Has your family? (NO!) You wish to deny them important knowledge and information. (just die and don't ask questions!)
2 :
Yes she did. I don't know really if she got the counseling but I don't know what Obama was going on about since she died while he was running for president and he was not there. I think he is one cold person. Love Canada, I am old, I already know it no-one needs to councel me with the knowledge. Thanks but I will try to get the meds and live a little longer if you don't mind too much.
3 :
As my folks aged, they talked to their doctor and pastor and wrote out living wills and talked over with all of us when we should continue treatment and when we should just let it go. The first one to die fought on and on; the one left behind wants a DNR sooner as they feel no need to continue in pain because their one true live has already passed away. When I was in my twenties, our old family doctor pointed out an aged man, barely aware, being wheeled in to the ER for treatment and he commented that that was one of the tragedies of modern medicine, our ability to prolong life without prolonging the quality of that life.. Now that I am closer to seventy, I totally understand. Hopefully, she was offered all the options and chose what she wanted to do. And even better, she talked about it with health care professionals and her family before the issue arose.



Read more discussions :