Wednesday, June 16, 2010

how long can someone survive with primary bone cancer with no treatment

how long can someone survive with primary bone cancer with no treatment?
I have just been diagnosed with primary bone cancer. Ive decided to go untreated and live whatever life i have with it. Its in Stage 2 that's all i really know. What im wondering is how long do you think someone with primary bone cancer will survive if its not treated. Im dead set on no treatment. the reason im not wanting treatment is because my liver is developing cancer and my organs are in the process of shutting down i dont know the technical terms to any of it though.
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It depends on a lot of things starting with your current health and how aggressive the cancer is. Discuss this with the oncologist and please have the tests as frequently as the doctor suggest so you can keep up with the spread of the disease. This is important so that you can make informed decisions. I have stage 4 cancer and certainly understand refusing treatment at this stage, but I'm not so sure I understand refusing treatment at stage 2. I don't mean to sound disapproving because I'm not you. Each of us must make our own decisions, I respect your decision and wish you the very best. I especially hope there is no emotional stress or physical pain.
2 :
With all those things happening, I can understand why you don't want treatment. Until I saw the additional details, I thought you were so stupid to refuse treatments. I'm glad you added the reason. My sister is going through this. She is terminal. However, her circumstances are different from yours in that this is her 4th diagnosis of cancer. Not bone, which she now has, but many others including brain cancer twice. This is the reason her cancer now has given her such a short life span. Her body is just plain worn out from all the years of chemo, radiation and surgeries. She weights only 100 Lbs and each day she gets worse. She will not live to see Sept 1st. You, it's different, You will go through a great deal of pain and I don't want to lie to you. It's just not me and not fair to you. Your doctor will give you medication for that if he hasn't already. As far as life span, no one but God really knows that. Everyone is different when it comes to that. Your Oncologist can give you an approximate time because he knows you better than anyone, but we don't know you, your lifestyle, your general health before all of this started, so it's impossible to give you time line. You could live a long time or short time depending how fast your organs shut down. Enjoy your time left. Be with family and friends. Don't try to be the brave one and refuse help. That's silly. I will pray for you. I pray you know that peace that passes all understanding. God bless you and if I can be of any help, please, let me know by e-mailing me.



Read more discussions :