Thursday, December 24, 2009

What is the treatment for thyroid cancer

What is the treatment for thyroid cancer?
I have enlarged nodules and am wondering about treatment for thyroid cancer, if in fact I do have cancer. I have enlarged nodules on my left and right side.
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
definitive treatment is surgery but if the disease is advanced radio and chemotherapy may also be required
2 :
I have thyroid cancer. Was diagnosed after several fine needle aspirations, core needle biopsy and a surgical biopsy along with an ultrasound and a CT scan. I have a papillary tumor on my right lobe, to treat this I am having a total thyroidectomy , which is a surgery that removes my whole thyroid gland. My cancer has also spread to the lymph nodes on the right side of my neck so i am having a neck dissection to remove it. I am having Radioiodine therapy following my surgeries, and will be kept in isolation for a week after that. This will kill any remaining cells. It's a relatively easy cancer to treat, and barely ever fatal. Hope i helped :)
3 :
You have a 95% chance of NOT having thyroid cancer. The treatment for thyroid cancer varies depending on the type and stage. The most common types of thyroid cancer (Papillary and Follicular) always have a surgical removal of the thyroid and (sometimes) follow up treatment of Radioactive Iodine (I-131) to destroy any remaining thyroid tissue. Levothyroxine is needed for life since a total thyroidectomy results in one not being able to produce thyroid stimulating hormone. Try not to worry, good luck with everything! http://thyca.org
4 :
I can't tell you what to do but if I was in your shoes or anyone else's who thought they might have cancer I would NOT let anyone start any conventional cancer treatments on me without first reading or rereading the book, Cancer: Step Outside the Box by Ty Bollinger. PLEASE follow the link here to Yahoo Shopping where you will find additional links to sites selling the book. Follow the first link to one of the most popular shopping sites on the web and read over 300 reviews posted by readers of this book including some who themselves had cancer. Then get the book and read it. Yahoo Shopping with links to the book http://shopping.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Aupn97xop7UTOutTbdvlVKabvZx4?p=Cancer+step+outside+the+box&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701



Read more discussions :