Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Anyone know an NGO or Pharmaceutical Co. that can provide free cancer treatment or medication in Kenya

Anyone know an NGO or Pharmaceutical Co. that can provide free cancer treatment or medication in Kenya?
My dad has been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer and needs medication that are too expensive for us to afford, he was given a prescription for Casodex but at $303 a dose, and no medical insurance, its simply not affordable. Anyone know any charities that can help please please let me know.
Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Funny you should ask. THere is a woman in Nairobi by the name of Lucy Mutuku who used to write me about prostate cancer awareness and treatment events there. If you can find Lucy, you might find your answer.
2 :
pole sana my grandfather had prostate cancer and he was supposed to get an operation in Nairobi but the waiting list was too long so he chose to go get the operation done in India. They also have better doctors in India. I know a couple of organizations that can help you and your father pay for the medicine or for the operation if needed. Send me an email and I will try to get you a list of organizations and contacts jordanroxs911@yahoo.com




Read more discussions :