Thursday, April 16, 2009

How long left after cancer treatment stops working

How long left after cancer treatment stops working?
Once your body starts rejecting the kemo and theres nothing else left to do, typically how long after the person have? And whats the longest they could have to live (without a cure and taking into consideration the kemo has been stopped)? Also, symptoms of cancer? the patient is 15 years old and has leukemia if that helps at all and kemo has been stopped btw, I keep writing "kemo" for some reason, what I mean is "chemo"
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
everyone is different, there is no telling how long a person has to live.
2 :
It is individual according to the age of the patient, the type of Cancer, the immune system itself. No one can say so it is unfair to try to get a Dr to state a time.
3 :
There is no telling how long a person will have it depends on what stage of cancer they are at and where it has spread. My uncle stopped chemotherapy in July 2007 when it stopped working...he had cancer that had spread to the kidney, liver, lungs, and colon. He died December 5, 2007. However I treated a patient once a long time ago with leuk, he stopped treatment in September and lived almost a full year. It depends on the person. --Symptoms of cancer differ depending on the type of cancer and the person.
4 :
have you spoke to the Dr. about this matter? i promise you Dr.'s don't know everything. my oncologist wouldn't give me any type of prediction. ive had all my treatments and my cancer is not cured, but they tell me that they are trying to keep it from spreading. I'm planning on living a long time. when its my time i will go and not a minute earlier. ive known several people that they were given only 6 months to live and he has lived 21 years to date. another friend was given 6 to 12 months and its been 3 years and he seems to be doing good. he has returned to work had tumors on the brain and all through his digestive system.




Read more discussions :