Wednesday, June 20, 2012

looking for feed back on cancer treatment center of America

looking for feed back on cancer treatment center of America?
my wife is looking into going for treatmen (ovarian cancer )
Cancer - 5 Answers
 


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Go to something all natural and organic. Expensive but you will live.
2 :
CTCofA are for-profit treatment centers- not a problem as long as you have the money/insurance. They use standard treatment options combined with alternative treatments (some proven, some not) but all paid for of course. If your wife goes for consultation, I would tell her the same thing as anyone going anywhere- feel free to get a second opinion to be sure of the recommendations. God bless, best wishes
3 :
The thing the Cancer Treatment Centers of America has over other facilities is their ability to commercialize their facility and make it seem like they do something the rest of the hospitals and cancer treatment centers are not doing which is not correct. They make it sound like they have some kind of miracle cure up their sleeve and if you watch the fine print during the commercials they put on TV you will see a little glitch that says "do not expect to obtain these results" The Cancer Treatment Centers of America commercialize themselves well. They are not the only cancer treatment center with excellent results. They just advertise themselves very well. If you live close to their facility, I think there is no harm in seeking treatment from their facility, but if you are spending a bizzillions of dollars to travel hundreds of miles from home, then I would seek treatment closer to home. My prayers are certainly with your wife and your family. Peace and Gods Blessings and i need to add I agree with the writer below me. MD Anderson and Northwestern are excellent options. I know its very hard to decide what to do, I am praying. Live by faith.
4 :
If it was my wife I'd take her to one of the NCI comprehensive cancer centers (33 in US) and let the experts there see what they could do. This is where clinical trials are being run in case your wife is no longer curable with standard therapies. CTCA does not have any secret cures or exceptional facilities, just a very good advertising program. Their hospitals are rather puny in size compared to some of the hospitals listed here. http://cancercenters.cancer.gov/cancer_centers/cancer-centers-list.html I'd go to MD Anderson in Houston or Robert Lurie at Northwestern in Chicago or Stanford or City of Hope before I'd even think about going to CTCA. That's just my opinion. all the best to you and your wife
5 :
It seems as though the people who've answered your question so far have NOT been to CTCA as a patient and are just opposed to the fact CTCA is a for-profit company. While this is certainly true, that in itself should not be a deterrant for going to this facility for your wife's care. Most of the patient responses I've seen for CTCA have been very positive. My dad has just been diagnosed with lung cancer and the prognosis isn't good. I have been researching CTCA for several days now and have not heard or seen any bad things about the company from people who've actually gone there. The ONLY thing I have seen negatively is posts about the cost - and it is expensive - and about the FTC lawsuit back in 1998 that was about advertising, not about the care they give their patients. After doing my own research, I am trying to convince my Dad to go to CTCA, as I think this would be the best treatment for him. Good luck to you and your wife. I hope you decide to go to CTCA.



Read more discussions :