Friday, June 24, 2011

How can Cancer make people life's miserable? Give Details:- How much cancer treatment cost and if insurances

How can Cancer make people life's miserable? Give Details:- How much cancer treatment cost and if insurances ?
cover them?
Cancer - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
oh, i don't know how about the horrifying pain, horrifying pain tends to make people miserable.
2 :
As a cancer patient, we are often unhappy because there are so many cancers (around 200 different ones), and doctors often don't have time to reassure patients properly - so you feel you are neglected and in a 'fog'. And often the stories one hears about treatment and side effects are enough to upset anyone! I set up a website HAVING FUN AFTER CANCER www.after-cancer.com to try and reassure fellow patients, and tell them that life does go on and there are lots of nice things we can do to make ourselves feel better. Hope this might help. Verite R
3 :
I would know very little about the cost. Except it put a friend of mine ten thousand dollars in the hole. For medicines that were not covered. As for the cost of my cancer treatment-I live in Ontario and Ontario Health Insurance Plan and Ontario Drug Benefit pay for it. And yes cancer is a miserable ¢¥ pain the rear. It felt like my life came to screeching halt the day I was diagnosed. There was no sense of time, direction or security any more. Fortunately I had two very powerful weapons to rely on. My faith in God and the military psychological training handed down by my father.He taught me to never let a problem overwhelm me. The solution is very simple. Break the problem into its component pieces and solve the pieces one at a time. Once I did that I could decide what information I needed, and what to do about treatment, my life, and my future. Curiously the quest for information was the catalyst to starting to live again. I lost all my hair due to chemotherapy so I sprouted a big collection of hats and scarves along with an in your face attitude. During radiation treatment I was a horrible patient for staying close to the Daffodil Lodge. As soon as my treatment was done for the day, I was gone out the door. And I teased the heck out of my radiation team. Managed to get them laughing daily.
4 :
There is nothing good about cancer period! So from hearing the diagnosis it is all down hill from that point on in your life! When those words are said that tell you that you have cancer your life becomes a whirlwind of going into doctor's offices to get probed and poked, x-rayed and every scan done to you imaginable. Then in our case we went to Chemotherapy one day a week for 15 weeks. Every week was worse than the others as far as what the side-effects are. It is great if you enjoy: Fatigue, sickness, sore-throats, nails breaking off your fingers and toes, constipation, body aches and pains, blood draws,losing your hair, Ports surgically put into your chest, daily injections of drugs that increase white blood counts, surgery (in our case a mastectomy), measuring your drain that comes out of your side every two hours and emptying it, taking pain medications because the surgery hurts, and now more chemotherapy which is causing nerve damage in the fingers and toes, and worrying about if when you stop this kind of chemotherapy how long will you still have nerve damage. Not being able to taste salt or sugars, and then radiation everyday except the weekends for the next six weeks. So more fatigue and sickness, body burns, and when it is all done: You will still be fighting your insurance company for all the co-pays, medical deductions, double billings, and all kinds of medical expenses. In my case I still pay 30% of all prescription medications, and had to fight them because they did not think some scans were covered and I just wanted them. So far medical expenses are $220,000 and medications are $50,000+ and oh yes, my wife was the major wage earner so I had to work 60+ hours in summer and take care of all the cooking, cleaning, and everything else that needed to be done around the house. Now it is slow at work, my wife has not worked for the last 6 months, she tried to go back to work but she could not take the stress and cried for hours and we decided that she should quit. The most embarrassing thing for me is that we had to ask her parents for financial help. Before this happened we were doing pretty good, but now I am so depressed, scared, and sad. Sometimes I don't want to go on, it would be nice to end it all. I give up. But I go on for my wife and I will never desert her. If you want to see miserable, depressed, sad, tired, and all that, well here I am. People say, "Well, it could be worse", and I know it but for once I would like to see something go my way. My wife has 6 more Taxol treatments to live through and already she is crying because it hurts her fingers and toes. AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN REALLY DO. So, how is would that make you feel? I hate cancer, I thought our lives were pretty good, and it has knocked me down to depths of despair I never thought possible. And I am scared it could get worse, my in-laws moved away so now I feel alone. Before they were around and my wife could talk to her mom. Now she can't. Oh, well..I could go on and on, but what for?



 Read more discussions :