Sunday, May 24, 2009

How much does it usually cost for cancer treatment in dogs? Approx 5k, 10k, 15k

How much does it usually cost for cancer treatment in dogs? Approx 5k, 10k, 15k?
I am purchasing vet insurance with cancer coverage but do not know a realistic amount of what cancer really cost.
Dogs - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Call your vet and ask them, but I would assume it would depend on (1) breed of dog, (2) type of cancer, and (3) how advanced it is. My guess would be $5k maybe up to $10k, but call them and ask them for a range.
2 :
depends on what type of canser and the vets education.
3 :
It would really depend on the type of cancer and the type of treatment,how long the treatment would be for, etc. My cat went for chemo about 4 years ago for lymphoscarcoma of the stomach. Treatment cost about $4,500 in total. He was treated for about a year. $5,000 sounds like a reasonable amount to me.
4 :
If your dog really got cancer, would you want to subject him/her to miserable treatment? I'm not sure I would, and certainly not before I had a realistic assessment from the vet as to the chances of success. Sometimes it's kinder, but hard, to say goodbye, and let them go to a better place.



 Read more discussions :