Friday, April 20, 2012

What is cancer treatment like


What is cancer treatment like?
I'm writing a paper and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what cancer treatment is like, from personal experience. If not, if anyone knows anything about it that would be very helpful. All I know is that radiation is involved. Also, what are they effects on the person after the treatment?
Cancer - 8 Answers


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
cancer treatment varies for each person, some people can have no side effects, others can have plenty, and brutal ones. Radiation is not always involved. I have CML (Leukemia) and i've been treated with 4 different types of chemotherapy (2 didn't work, currently on 2 that work well) and a bone marrow transplant, which my body rejected. Cancer treatment is long, it takes a lot of time, and you're tired afterwards, vomit, are weak, headaches, and other side effects. But certain medications like zofran (anti-nasua) make it better.
2 :
Chemotherapy is also involved in some cases. My mother had breast cancer/lymph nodes removed & had radiation as well as chemotherapy. This was several years ago and the procedures may have changed so be aware that these details may differ from what is common treatment today. It is a heart wrenching process to watch someone you love endure. I think (hope) things have come along much further today. My mom lost most of her hair on her head as well as her eyebrows. Her nausea was daily & severe. She couldn't keep much of any type of food down. Bland foods were best. My mom favored puddings, applesauce, anything which would sort of slide down and, hopefully stay down. Chemotherapy can be administered by injection or orally in pill form (as I recall). Radiation therapy left burns. A silver type of ointment had to be applied to help with that. The treatment was one struggle after another. The emotional effects on the patient must be intense and long lasting. No one can stand in their shoes to truly know how it feels. Support groups are recommended during and after treatment. The Y-Me Foundation is encouraged for those dealing with breast cancer to look better with make-up & hair pieces.
3 :
EVEN IF, CANCER IS DETECTED, DO NOT WORRY. IT IS EASILY CURABLE. Cure : Give Acupressure treatment for 2-2 minutes on each of the following points for three times a day : (1) On the circles on the back of palms, for cancer of the breasts. See fig. 118. ( 2 ) On Point Nos. 11 to 15 on both sides of the wrists for cancer of the uterus. ( 3 ) On Point No. 16 on both the hands. ( 4 ) On points of all the endocrine glands i. e. Nos. 3, 4, 8, 25 and 28. (5) Take general Acupressure treatment on all the points twice a day. And on Point No. 26 as a last treatment. (6) Drink 'black tea' one cup in the early morning (see page 187). (7) The use of vaginal douche is a must for the treatment of cancer of the uterus and the breasts. First clean the douche with water containing antiseptic. Take about 1 litre of lukewarm water and add 2 to 4 drops of antiseptic liquid to it. Then fill the douche with this water by pressing the ball. Then keep the plastic part (2 inches) into vagina and press the ball. Vaginal Douche Water will flow inside and clean it. Repeat it for 2/4 times. Such use of Vaginal Douche is also useful when pus cells are found in the urine of a lady i. e. in case of infection in Urine. (8) Make the necessary change in diet as mentioned for the treatment of cancer. (9) In case of more pain on the points on the back of palms and Point No. 16 and also when lumps are found in the breasts, apply North Pole of a (low to medium power) magnet on the lumps only for 3/5 minutes 2 to 3 times a day. "A lady of 50 years was found to have cancer in both the breasts and was advised operation. Instead she took the above treatment and was completely cured within 45 days." "A 40 year old lady, a mother of 4 children, was found to have cancer of the uterus. Cancer was detected even in her left breast. She started the above mentioned Acupressure treatment and continued the same for 60 days. Later on, her husband came and thanked me saying that he got a 'New Wife'-10 years younger. In the same way several cases have been successfully treated." It is observed that in more than two hundred cases where dialysis was being done and when proper improvement was not found, these patients were advised to undergo transplantation of kidney. In all these cases, on examination, damage to kidney was not more than 40 to 50%-and the root cause was found to be cancer of the uterus in females and that of prostate in males. Within 40 to 60 days of Acupressure treatment all the patients got cured. It is, therefore, advisable that before undergoing dialysis and transplantation of kidney to check up about the possibility of cancer. It has been also agreed by the Medical World that if cancer is detected at an early stage, it can be cured. Cure for all types of cancer : To cure all types of cancer the whole body is to be treated, the important organs of regeneration e.g. liver, gall bladder, spleen and kidneys and all the endocrine glands are to be reactivated. Acupressure treatment assists the patient in the process and accelerates recovery by bringing the metabolism of the body in order. Following treatments are suggested : ( 1) Check up the Solar Plexus and put it in order. ( 2 ) Banish salt and spices from the diet. ( 3 ) For ten days, take an enema of water boiled with coffee twice a day. That helps to open up the ducts and remove the toxins from the body. Afterwards, take the enema three times a week for further four weeks. (4 ) In case ducts/lumps have developed, take vapour treatment (as mentioned on page 132), on the ducts and cold packs treatment in the case of cancer of the stomach and uterus page 202. Also apply north pole of magnet on the ducts for 3/5 minutes 2 times a day. It will dissolve the duct. (5) Take concentrated lukewarm water of copper, silver and gold, 3 to 4 glasses, during the day. Boil 20 glasses of water and reduce it to 4 glasses. (6) In diet, have only fresh juices of vegetables as mentioned on page 169 and of fruits like grapes, pomegranate, etc. In the diet, juice of sprouted pulses, beet root, carrot and cabbage should be included. Such a diet helps the patient to gain weight. Eat plenty of salads and honey. ( 7 ) Take Acupressure treatment on all the points twice a day. Also give special extra treatment of 2 minutes on each point of endocrine glands-Point Nos. 3, 4, 8, 14, 15, 16, 25, 28 and 38 (in case of children). After the treatment is taken, take treatment on Point No. 26 of kidneys also. ( 8 ) Practise Pranayam regularly as often as possible. ( 9 ) Take sunbath and if it is not possible, take blue light on the affected part of the body for 8 to 10 minutes. (10) In case of cancer in the mouth, throat and gullet: ( a ) First cure Pyorrhoea, if it is there. If the condition of teeth is bad and the Dentist advises removal of them, please get such teeth removed. ( b ) Take 5 drops of Glycerine Acid Tanic (available in chemist's shop); add little quantity of tur
4 :
I'm a brain cancer patient. Tuesday will be my last day of radiation treatment. I'll still have 6 more months at least of chemo (oral treatments) and I had surgery to remove part of my tumor. The surgery went well. I was up and moving a few hours after surgery though I was urged to to be. I really felt find...just achy from the surgery to my head. The expected me to be tired, worn down, possibly lose some or all sight, possibly lose all or some hearing. My mobility could have been dramatically altered, but I was fine...just sore. The radiation has caused me to lose almost all of my hair. I'm more than exhausted all of the time (that comes with an 18 month old and working full time and keeping up a household though). I've recently found myself more emotional. Physically I don't feel as strong-this is supposed to be a combination of chemo and radiation. At first the chemo made me deathly sick to my stomach...throwing up and dry heaving non stop, but once I learned to time my nausea medication correctly it was fine. If you have more questions, feel free to contact me. cashandtaco@yahoo.com
5 :
Cancer treatment can be from Iv chemo , radition and also pills.The effects on the individual can vary, from one to the other depending on the drugs and the kind of cancer and the location . For breast cancer patients its pretty intense and they usually are pretty sick with alot of nausea and vomiting and hair lose and weight lose. I have lymphoma and I had a little hair lose and nausea and I gained 30 pounds due to the predisone. Felt like I had the flu at times and tired but after awhile I was okay it usually took about 10 days. Chemo can take several hours at a time and they usually use more then one kind of chemo drug. Best of luck on paper
6 :
From my own experience----------found a lump in my breast, had it checked, had a mammogram, biopsy, surgery, chemo and radiation.the first chemo they gave me almost killed me. I spent a couple of days in ICU. But they changed it and I did well. You go to the doctors ( mine is in the hospital) and for a couple hours you sit with this stuff going into you. You can read ,talk, or take a nap. It kills the bad cells but it also kills the good one .I got very sick from it. i could smell things that never bothered me before ,but gagged me then. Fuel and alcohol were the worse. I got staff (not spelled correctly but how it sounds)and had to go to the hospital for several days. I walked in the door at the hospital and got sick The nurses were very kind and tried not to use alcohol around me. Then to radiation for 37 treatments. Everyday except the week ends and hoildays, I had to take it. They fit you to a plastic like thing so each time you go in you will be in the exact position as before to get the radition. It only takes a min. to get it but longer to get you set just right for it.I became very weak and tired very easily for a couple years. In fact I'm now on meds.. to take the hormones out of my body and it has changed my hair from very curly and soft to straight and stiff.I was bald for several weeks but it did grow back------weird. I'm praying that someday I will get off the meds and my hair will come back curly and soft.It's hard to say if I'm still so very tired and weak from the chemo and radiation or because I have sarcoid (that's a condition of the lymph nodes) It was found because the cancer spread to some lymph nodes.IWhen they checked the nodes, both were found in them. I hope this helped you some. There's too much to write here but chemo and radiation affects different people in different ways. I didn't get near as sick as some I know.Yet I was sicker than some I know also. You just can't know until you have to take it. If at all possible avoid it. It sure takes the umph out of you.This happened in 2006 so maybe new things have come along. But it can be brutal trying to keep food down and trying to be friendly. You're so sick you just want to snap and I didn't like that at all.I live alone an d it was doubly hard to survive daily chores. Friends brought some food to me and I ate better, by not having to smell it cooking I think.
7 :
Everyone's treatment is different, but look on www.after-cancer.com and you will see some of the things that can happen, and what to do to make them better. Verite R
8 :
New cancer treatments like Cyberknife are revolutionary, in that they are painless and have minimal side effects.



Read more discussions :